Monday, February 2, 2015

Spring Blog #2- Giving Up

Blog #2 - Chapter 3 


1. “But I had ceased to pray. How I sympathized with Job! I did not deny God’s existence, but I doubted His absolute justice.” Who is Job? How is his story related to Elie’s own? At what point does this spiritual change begin in Elie? 


Job is one of Jesus deciples who was tested by God to see if he would cave into the devil or stick with the Lord. Job and Elie's stories are similar because they both are stripped away of everything to be tested by the Lord. Elie's spirituality changes when he begins to feel the God is no longer on his side. 

2. Choose one other quote from this chapter that you feel is significant to the story. Explain why it is important.

"For the first time, I felt anger rising within me. Why should I sanctify His name? The Almighty, the eternal and terrible Master of the Universe, chose to be silent. What was there to thank Him for?(33 Wiesel)" This quote is significant to the story because it is the first time that Elie underestimates God. He begins to wonder why He was not doing anything as thousands of lives were being killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment